Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Distracted

Ok. I didnt' mean to start a blog. Seriously. In fact, I had been thinking that everyone has one which is a good reason why I should hang onto my rebellious 20's (being that this is my last year of being in my 20s. I'm 29, in case you didn't know. And, it has been less than a month since my birthday, so if you didn't send me a card, i'm still accepting :) and *not* have a blog, like everyone else. So you might wonder how does one end up with a blog if one is so against them. The thing is, I was reading my friend Madhavi's new blog and wanted to make a comment. Seems that you can't make comment unless you have an account. Does anyone else think that the world is requiring far too many accounts these days? Jesus. Anyway...next thing I knew, I wasn't commenting on Madhavi's blog, I was choosing my template and naming my own blog. Huh. So it goes. But, that's life I guess. I learn this more and more every day, that plans? Fuck 'em. Pure sitcoms for God.

So, a funny thing happened on the way to the potty. I got a blog.

It's that time in Maine, when we get a ridiculously early sunset, like, 3:30pm. but, that's ok, because the light is rich and golden and it almost makes it look so warm outside you want to pad out barefoot and breathe deep. Except, if you did that, your bare feet would freeze to the ice that's outside our door and your lungs would feel like they were on fire- and, not the hot kind. Its cold out, folks. The Lake (Chickawaukee Lake, for those not in the know of our locale) is frozen and some obviously deranged locals have set up shacks on the lake, aka ice-fishing huts, where they will pass many a cold-ass hour waiting for a fish. Portland Jetport is only an hour away, folks, you can be here to get started by dawn!! No kidding!
Pardon my sarcasm. Its fun to make a thing out of the cold. But, really, its fine. It is beautiful, and we love it here. But, you wouldn't, so dont' even think of moving here to buy a nice house under 300,000, and where we have the 2nd lowest crime rate in the country and all of our middle school kids get laptops. Stay where you are and read my blog :)

But, I digress.

We got home from California last night where we were witness to some of that great weather ya'll are having. That was some serious rain. Raelin is napping, and I should be (in no particular order) napping also, loading the dishwasher, unpacking, petting the cat, clearing clutter, napping, making some decision about what to cook for dinner, cleaning the house for the appraiser who is going to determine our happiness for the rest of the year, and, napping also. Hmmmm, good thing I'm working on that list. Like I said, a funny thing happened on the way to the potty.

So, that's what you can expect on this blog, my find friend. Ramble, rant, and rave and no uncertain amount of references to cold, the potty, my daughter, and how the hell I got here. Should be a fun ride.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bartlebee said...

I am so glad that you have provided me with another way to procrastinate on my thesis. My advisor, degree program and I thank you.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Hell yeah, that's mah wife! Kelly, you are one funny nutkin you know that? And even though I work downstairs and we see each other, well, all the time, I'm glad and highly entertained to see you've joined us bloggers!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home