Tuesday, April 24, 2007

working gal

well, i'm going to be a working woman again. part time. very, part time. 2 shifts to be exact, a Tuesday night and a Saturday night, a combination of waiting tables and bartending. Yeah, me- bartending!

This all started last summer when my friend A told me she had started working at a restaurant 2 nights a week and was making great money. Unlike my only previous waiting experience, this restaurant is bonified- as in real people go to get good food and they pay good money for it and leave some for you. I thought to myself, 'self, you need to do that next summer.' And i sealed the deal on Sunday. The bartending part is particularly exciting. I'm not a big drinker or anything, but for some reason, it just seems like one of those life experiences that you shouldn't pass up if you have the chance. I did in fact, almost forgo the whole working thing having convinced myself that we really do have too much going on (moving in about 6 weeks, needing to do house work there, etc...) and in fact, adjusting to a schedule where i am depended upon by other people besides just the kids seemed a bit much. But then A told me they were looking for a bartender and, well, i couldn't pass that up.

So, we shall see. I was in fact supposed to start last night, but Liam and I have a nasty cold that neither of us is shaking very easily. Took the little chub to a regular doc yesterday and our homeopath today. He seems to be doing better today, but yesterday was more or less inconsolable for 3-4 hours. of course, as soon as we got to the doctor's office he was all bright blue eyes and flushed cheeks and happy-go-lucky crawling and exploring the office and hallway. Why do they do that?

Honestly Doctor, he was puking an hour ago and would not stop crying.

Thankfully, he believed me and gave me the wise counsel to give Liam some children's tylenol before bed and again in the middle of the night to help him (and therefore me) sleep. and it did. There's got to be some narcotic in that stuff... it works waaaaaay too well to just be a 'fever reliever.' But no complaints here. Tylenol is my friend today. A well rested child is a well rested Mommy, and well rested Mommies make the world go round....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home